Spreadable Media online component
Spreadable Media publishes in early 2013! But before then, we’ve teamed up with the authors of the book to give you access to an awesome online component to the title—a collection of web-exclusive essays written by a range of contributors who have shaped Spreadable Media into the book it is. A sampling of the stuff we’ve rolled out:
- A piece on Joss Whedon and some of his most amazing brainchildren (the Browncoats! Dr. Horrible!)
- An article that defends memes
- An examination of “free” fan labor (we’re looking at you, GIF-set creators)
- And, oh, an essay on Chuck’s fan-driven ”Finale and Footlong” campaign
- Basically, the stuff that Tumblr/the internet is made for, right?
So go on and get some reading done! (And P.S.: Keep an eye on the dandelion as you scroll…)